Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Uncle Glen Working At The Wherehouse in Long Beach

 It's the annual Rip-Off Sale at the olde Wherehouse Record store in Belmont Shore, CA!
 For authenticity, they have a genuine hippie at the cash register.  It's Uncle Glen.
 The checkout line.
 They made me the Assistant Manager a few days before Christmas.  The FIRST job I was given was- FIRE the hot blonde chick!  Can you imagine??
 Uncle Glen enjoys the latest disco music.  Is that Lou Reed on the wall?
 If I only had a Time Machine...
 This was our manager during the heist of the century.
Even though I refused to fire her, your hot blondes can sure get camera-shy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The First Time I Heard Crossroads!... Was in 1968, I was sitting in my pickup at a high-rise jobsite sipping coffee, waiting to start setting scaffold, when Crossroads came on! The first emotional reaction was, "I am listening to something that is immoral, illegal and addictive," and Oh Ya, It Is Sooo Good! And I recall that I picked-up the "Wheels of Fire" double album on the way home that night; at the Warehouse Record Store in Belmont Shores, Long Beach, Ca!

Cheers
Doc Blake